Push Mower Race: The goal is to be the first over the finish line. Each contestant will push or pull their push mower around the outlined course. The first 3 contestants to cross the finish line along with their running push mowers, wins! The Flag Person will signal contestants to begin by lowering the flag at the starting line. Contestants shall not run their mower into another contestant or they will be disqualified. Self propelled are allowed, blades must be removed, mower must stay running the duration of the race to qualify.
Rules & Instructions
- Aside from the admission waiver, each contestant must sign the additional competition waiver.
- A contestant may only enter this race once.
- DOT approved helmet and eye protection are required and must be worn at all times while competing.
- Contestant must be over the age of 12. Anyone under 18 must have a parent or guardian present to make approval and signature.
- Contestant cannot be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while competing.
- This is for self-propelled and non self-propelled gas powered push mowers with 4 wheels only.
- The mower must stay running to qualify, if it stops running, contestant must stop and cannot continue until they get it running again.
- The blade on the mower must be removed.
- At least 1 wheel must remain on the ground at all times to qualify.
- Both the contestant AND their mower must cross the finish line to qualify.
- Contestants must obey the Flag People.
- The Flag Person will raise the flag to verify the contestants are ready.
- The Flag Person will lower the flag to start the race.
- The contestants will then race through the outlined course to the finish line.
- The Judges will consider scenarios not outlined here and their decisions are final.
- All contestants shall conduct themselves in a respectful manner.
- You will also need a general admission ticket to get into the Rednek Roundup.
- There must be at least 12 contestants for advertised prize money to be paid out, otherwise the payout will be equal to the total entry fees.
Prizes are as follows:
- 1st place $150
- 2nd place $75
- 3rd place $20
And of course bragging rights go to the winners! You will be displayed in the Rednek Hall of Fame!